A Focus on Masonic Research, News, and other Tidbits

Homo sum; humani nihil a me alienum puto.

Monday, February 16, 2009

A Trip Worth Taking

After spending approximately seventeen hours behind the wheel during the roundtrip, I am back home from Alexandria, Virginia – site of the 2009 AMD Masonic Week. I am glad that I sacrificed those seventeen hours as the payoff was well worth it.

As has already been reported on Freemasons for Dummies, the First Circle banquet and meeting of The Masonic Society was a great success. Yasha Beresiner, the First Circle guest speaker, displayed a wonderful demeanor and wealth of knowledge and it was a pleasure to make his acquaintance. I also enjoyed listening to Arturo de Hoyos – another researcher of great Masonic knowledge – during the Scottish Rite Research Society luncheon.

In addition to the fine food and guest speakers at the scheduled events, I enjoyed the unanticipated and informal fellowship that took place behind the scenes. I met men that hailed from all points of the compass. It was truly wonderful to be able to shake hands and hold conversations with men that I had previously only corresponded with via the Internet or telephone.

The collective Masonic knowledge and experience contained within The Masonic Society’s hospitality room was vast and diverse and some of the conversations lasted into the wee hours of the morning. But these were not just old boring conversations about Freemasonry. We were having fun as we talked.

As I had hoped, I also got to visit the George Washington Masonic Memorial. The photograph contained in this post was taken by me from the observation deck of the Memorial.

I am looking forward to being able to make the next trip. It will be worth taking.

PS: Make sure you check out the newly reformated web site for the GWMM. A "Cajun" that I met at Masonic Week did that quality work.

1 comment:

Gingerman said...

You need to get to the House of the Temple too. Real special place.